Sep 12, 2016|
Dave Cohen discusses what we learned about the Saints in Sunday's tough loss and about the Tigers in Saturday's win. The fight over the development of "Sex Robots." And What is Wrong with People?!
WWL's Dave Cohen asks Steve Geller for his prediction on the baseball game between the Tigers and the Green Wave.
WWL's Dave Cohen and David Blake dive into the What is Wrong with People!?! file.
WWL's Dave Cohen and Steve Geller talk about the playoff chances after the Pelicans loses to the Jazz
Automatically Generated Transcript (may not be 100% accurate)
Nine minutes after 5 AM it's the early edition of WWL offers news on this the twelfth. Of September 2016. It's monetary. Definitely Monday Yahoo! man as it Monday or. About. Blogs sides. I made it doesn't mean that we can move on go on and continue to. Let's do the things that we have to do ya. We're not rejoice Dan you know we learned a lot about the saints yesterday. I went to the game. Eyes that come I'm black and Goldman. Made that hike to the superdome in. Was in that number and actually had pretty good time for the vast majority of the the game yeah they're Criss of flying game it was a good game are challenging to tell you I was I body and all the way I was doing in the fist pounding the jumping around. They handed out a little rally towels and we were spent in those up around and in the air which I don't understand because. They are making noise now they look at me on TV together. But if here wanting noise. That doesn't. Doesn't really accomplish that goal. But nonetheless. We had as we respect them around and we found out that the saints offense really is really good again. It's very good yeah. Did. Good stuff that Drew Brees was on fire we had receiving game and we had a running game ya. Nice balance. Pretty good ball security I mean that was the defense. Harvard Jia. Mean they just couldn't stop the raiders and all of the second half. Man. Wins that's the case. What do you do. In you again act carrying me out man it's outscored your defense. Body became. Whoever has the ball last with enough time to score. When's the game situation once again. Defense first half a pretty good great now. Did fairly well yeah. When then he built a fourteen point lead you feel pretty good about things. And I know some people are upset with some calls I know some people upset with some injuries and them but when you get down to it. It is what it is and it's not a great defense. And not good enough to stop the raiders. When all was said and it's the saints start with the loss. And this is one of the few games that the folks around here who were picked in the wins and losses had as a win. Now there are all out left on the schedule you look at and go on at Columbia gimmick and tech made it 7870 folks what's your outlook on the season now. And now that they've revealed their hand so to speak there they go. Ran out sick and tired of the rain I don't know about you but it just keep train and Andrea. Rain. It was not all about is just crazy yesterday. Lightning and tune. Knock in the whole house around June and tired. Today it seems you know after the wettest August ever. Recorded in Louisiana September's seem pretty darn wet as well. And the rain just won't stop but you know it despite the saints lost despite the rain that just keeps coming common. That doesn't change one true fact about life as a awful. And into Monday motivation it's yet it's still beat the mound and pay the bills. That doesn't change at all. Daddy that. So you're having trouble getting out of bed this morning and he's you know you've got that ago. Motivate you this event has built. And feel that. Thank you David we'll talk to you about fifteen minutes corporate news here at WWL AM at them and act now I'm Dave Conan read to me text messages coming up next get Steve Geller in here with saints will talk with sports will talk saint. And allies view on this Monday morning. And will charge John will grab ball arms well. Lake hands. Will put our arms are average of the shoulders whatever it takes to get through this Monday thing together vote here on WW well after that heartbreak game. Last second loss for the saints one person tax state navigate them and he says it's just one game. And Ireland says not good at all and Moses come on fifteen and one sounds awesome to me. And of the eternal optimism kind of an out of Princeton says the eternal pessimism ON sixteen. Hey go. It's forecast. But it got some rain watch out for a few scattered thunderstorms today and we could a couple of heavy downpours kind of what's all over the weekend. Skies today near 92 for the afternoon feeling like closer to 100. Keep the 40% range chance they're through early evening. Top it to 20% overnight. Lows tonight in the seventies pretty quiet start tomorrow and then another day similar to what we've seen a 40% chance for rain and high near 92. For its tomorrow. And into Wednesday calls from the pinpoint forecast center and he LTD meteorologist. Cramp bird got light rain at your boarding chatter where it's 78 degrees winds are calm in Slidell it's cloudy and 73 degrees. Sports time now on WWL Lyons that we welcome man. Steve Gail and a Monday morning we'll get through it yet thank you gave morning everybody. Drew Brees passed for over 400 yards with four touched down but it still wasn't enough to propel the sinks to victory as a blacking gold fell 35 to thirty port to the raiders in their week one match. Oakland was down two. 212 points in the fourth quarter. The silver and black maybe two point conversion to take a leave it 47 seconds left to play. But the saints would march down the field for eight chance to win it as kicker will looks lined up 4061. Yard field goal attempt pressures had. Our staff. Moos but those who got close. But no big. We're Hussein's. Well some positive news for the black and gold is that Tampa Bay's the only team in the NFC south to achieve victory in week one. Coach Sean Pate says it's now a race to see who can improve the most from the first game to the second as a scenes get ready to hit the road to face a giants team that won their opening week match up on the road against the cowboys. We didn't have any sacks on the quarterbacks we weren't able to create turn over and that's one of the things that you know I think if you're gonna play good defense you're gonna have to build do at some point. On Sunday Night Football the New England Patriots were 23 to 21 winners at Arizona as Jimmy drop below completed 24 was 33 passes for 264. Yards and a touchdown. Raw Buffalo's starting in place of Tom Brady who's serving a four game suspension for his role in the lake gate. And LSU football team moved up a notch to number twenty in the AP college football poll. Following the first win of the season but tiger is now must get ready for the start of SEC play against one of one Mississippi State who comes to Death Valley this Saturday. Today F 42 guess what Bobby Hebert miked so Yale eyes from the silver slipper casino the then at 630 it's a saints coaches show with Sean Payton followed by a Monday Night Football doubleheader will join the Steelers at Redskins game in progress followed by the rams at the 49ers. Which early morning look at sports I'm Steve. Geller fact when he won Dave Cohen Steve Geller with you on your radio. There wasn't good stuff that we learned about the saints yesterday. The offensive line and you go blows in the pre season were not you know a factor in this game you know the Acura brand for his life quite a bed but he was able to overcome it. Yeah that opening drive where he you know it was sack strip and then that resulted in some points for the raiders was really the only time that he was only sack of the game ride but because drew showed he's elusive he can Ron. He was. Fleeing. Now rushing oncoming defenders quite a bit. But he proved to us something island anyway that he can get away from those oncoming. Defenders. And the offensive line was not as. Pad as we did fear definitely night and the the trio the receiving trio of branding coach Willie speed in my Thomas that's awesome bide some awesome stuff for this season and on the season running backs and the running game is pretty dead and you know what it's just really so disheartening when you have the longest passing play in scenes history still can't come away with a victory that's. That's where it's gone so we learned some good things that the offense is much better than. A lot of people thought it was going to be based always on the priest or. The defense. SOS yet. Please what in the world is going on there are no pressure. On the quarterback at all now done Derek Carr handle data row and it showed make specially in the fourth quarter which is completely. The defense was gassed and also without quarter delta and row which was a huge. Minus as well yeah when he went out hurt caller yeah I want bro went down. Anyway they went from lower gas and that's at thanked. That's where that that's kind of a turning point. Don't know why they so good at them defensively in the first half and not in the second half. They have no debt. Now edit a lot of people think of the saints' roster you're number one guy Drew Brees is second play probably two run Armstead and number three might either beat him Jordan orca Adele Ambrose so missing him was a huge part that defense as well. He asked. Match Alice I did about 25 minutes we'll be back in there with a little elegy tiger football. And what we learned about this tiger team and the quarterback change is that gonna continue do we now know the quarterback is. And will preview if they got coming up. This weekend here on WWL he's Steve Geller I'm Dave on Margaret text messages and your forecast. Coming up next here on WWL on a Monday morning. When president Texas and a 78 them it's as if you consider how bad the saints looked in pre season I thought it was a great effort I don't act. It's as offense was great defense looked good most of the games. Most of the game and I think now I like year you are an optimist and that's going to find the bright side Brazil as the wind as a win a losses the loss the raiders showed the saints just who's the boss. You can cart you can wind but when all's said and done. It's saints seven and nine. Again why that was rhyming all the way until the end of that with a good Paul then doesn't I'm at the end. Your forecasts. Today we're starting off pretty quiet temperatures in the seventies a little muggy out there at that time is later on near 92 and if 40% chance for some scattered showers and thunderstorms. Do you watch out for a little bit of heavy rain with some of those storms. Overnight tonight we drop of rain chance to 20% or less lose north of lake near 72. South lake near 78. Tomorrow highs near 92 once again and a 40% chance for more scattered storms and Wednesday we continue pretty similar 92 or so for the high. And a thirty to 40% chance for rain. From the pinpoint forecast center on WW LTV meteorologist Alexandra crack. Byrd and got a few showers out there one of the airport right now where it's light rain and 78 degrees on the North Shore cloudy it's light now and 73 degrees and gave talent at the early edition of WWL first news are you feel on about the saints. After week one and as a man of any about a better about the tiger's text made it 7870 years texts are coming up. Our big 870 pretty jaguar opinion Paul. After a good game but a heartbreaking losses the saints performance against the raiders make you more optimistic about the season. Those of you logging on at WWL dot com 64%. Say moo. Only 36% say yes. I think by and large I was more optimistic throughout the game. Especially when that fourteen point lead until it all fell apart. Late in the saints lost. At the end. Part to be optimistic after seeing that does seem like it was exactly what we expected to stick a little more time to develop. Then initially anticipated. All right coming up what with people see what happened at the weekend box offices and your text messages and 87877. Minutes after 5 AM at the early edition of WWL first news on this the twelfth of September 2016. Monday area now hey guys it's an. How. There's about their motivation. If you read and get your butt out of bed. And can make the money that. Pay the bills. He not those services that provide them on through a maggot mr. Defensive line was hurt if Vick says one text message today 7870 worst I've seen an ally now another says five and eleven no defense. Snell. Steal steal steal another presence as I'm in that my tickets go next year it cost them a lot of money to go to the game. The saints sending these little surveys and how can we make a game day experience better about some winds yeah is this text message and he. It was really wanted to help it really rare and it. I don't know I just I went through there don't total emotional roller coaster these those old feelings that we've kind of put away. For these months and they all came back. He damn well thought and a priest is and it was going to be garbage embassies that are going to be awful very pessimistic but then throughout the game. It was just you couldn't help but captain he couldn't help but feel good all look at this the defense to hold these guys throughout the first half the offense keeps scoring yeah. Ask Paul fourteen point lead and yet we were literally dancing in the stands in the superdome ya now. It just hurts even more and then solemn silence. Walking out as everyone waited to the final second obviously because they sense an opportunity to win it with a 61 yard field goal. It's just missed at the end kid. You put the kid up and not greatest person of it and not welcome to the NFL looking at going America and nailed a 61. Yarder where you win a game. Enter data into that the only sound are currently in the game is shuffling of feet and then and occasional. Ran a Alia the air force there are a whole lot lot of operators hours. Really surprised how many Oakland fans were at the game. There are all nice and friendly and I had I see anything uglier and I'll. Has come on down a New Orleans in the have a great time man thanks for spend your money there gonna wind and it congratulations on the I 64% of those logging on to WW weld a commoner big 870 pretty January opinion polls say despite the great performance of the offense in the close game. They are not keeping any more optimistic about the season. Yes I think it's going to be a long season folks and it's going to be a lot of these emotional ups and downs you predicted the saints would win. You're wrong is wrong on with a few Vegas was wrong to those of the saints would win by a point. They lost. True. But amazing how close those guys all count the you were right about what would happen at the box office. Sully touchdown in the top spot at the weekend box office the movie about the miracle on Hudson taken 35 and a half million dollars I'll go to the not signed yet Tom Hanks playing Chelsey Sully Sullenberger man around whom the emergency landing of that jet in 2009. Yes I do they just. It was a great script and apparently some great acting I meant to negotiate a distant enough you'll be there Allen about breaks is second. At the box office follows by don't breeze suicide squad and the wildlife. Coming up next week we have or this week it's a Friday. Bridget Jones baby Blair which couple of sequels there and Snowden. So we'll find out Friday. If you can properly predict the outcome of the box office again we will examine the apps I have here in my hand a story about a convention going on in London. Bones and in. His convention the headline is. Britain. Sex robots. It says here from the Associated Press extra discuss. This is precisely what saint as scientists and academics are doing at a British conference. Also covering all you modern issues like digital intimacy and older FaceBook users. The human choice and computers conference in Manchester. Focuses on the quote constantly evolving intimate relationship. Between humans and technology. Constantly evolving into it relations Europe. Between humans and technology might be a good place to invest some money and effort into it with any technology anyway. At University of Oslo professor Charles S says soul shall robots such as mechanical dolls. Quote may well will be available to offer good sex. On demand. And they greats as it's as good but he assets that he. Yes its with its human virtues need to be cultivated to quote avoid becoming. Identical with the image means that serve thoughts. Hello hello. Yes on the makes a bit even funnier to me. There is a group that campaigns against sex robot. And Kathleen Richardson from Britain's deed monde for university heads this group. So there's there's an entire organization just integrated dedicated to opposing sex robot that's got there and they're calling. She says that it would increase human isolation. As people try to meet their complex needs with. In animate objects. She might have a point with enough. You got your Smartphone in your home screen and now you'll have your sacks through its next rope yeah I don't know what to make a ball isms it. I'm just kind of like where I go here I mean that there's an entire organization. Working to make sex robot and an entire organization opposing the development of sector robots. And personally I've seen me ever. Trust that might come robot know just what. And the public the early models going to be expensive to Ireland that would match. Italy that right there item yeah this plazas on my. There that this is the thing this is re. The I naked David I was in about fifteen minutes of peppers as you WW wow. Oh my god let's go live to direct the pinpoint forecast senate they viewed more saying and activist meteorologist Alexander transferred. I you do let him document forever feels. Glad. That glad you woke up early to join us here in the early. The I am sick and tired of the rain. It just seems whenever it looks like there's a high pressure system gonna come in and lots of rain from us it just falls apart doesn't quite get here and that is its right front get a coming in pushed the rain and just sells out to store in north. After the wet this. August ever in Louisiana September's not not been any significantly Dreyer and I just feel like everywhere I go everyday ads in. There is a lot of rain yeah you're right and this week you know we went to respect issue and by the end of the week there's to have some high pressure moves and but it Taloqan at the models and it's still looking like each afternoon we'll probably have to at least some showers and thunderstorms in three weeks so. Yeah it looks like another week where we'll be watching out for especially in this afternoon downpours. It's no way you look like for today today I have the range at about forty to 50%. So I think you know pretty decent amount of as well will cease and showers and storms. And yesterday we had some heavy rain and the potential for a few heavy downpours today. I have supported a 50% chance today but where it's not ready to be pretty warm and muggy and right in the rest of the week looks pretty similar and pretty I pressuring him. Not where we're trying we're trying to pull it and who don't everybody it's terribly yeah your last known to him he grabbed a tiebreaker. Yeah our and it's writes I have it pretty similar tomorrow and Wednesday. I dropped the region a little bit to receive I don't like guys that look to watch and see whether you know also have a decent match ours is around two. Imus mean your own desires and transfer we're not gonna shoot the messenger you just tell us how it is just. Rain just won't go away and and I'm tired of and I wish it would just. Take a little vacation. Not great weather for bike riding. Because that to me it's just too darn hot that. But then they made things even more complicated over the weekend. Did you know that it was naked bike ride day on Saturday. Only that it knew it well and act. I saw this story out of Philadelphia. Where they did their eighth annual Philly naked bike ride on Saturday. And I know they do at a New Orleans here and the naked bike right here I haven't seen when that. I had a problem with this fundamentally. I'm OK with naked people I'm in fact I'm a fan of naked people in some situation. But. To me there are certain things in this world you should not do news. And riding a bike is probably one of them for many reasons. For the find out what is in crouching. They don't yes opening. Thank you that in its Alexandra. But yes I don't like above our traditional bicycle seat when I'm fully clothed and and there's. A whole slew of new issues when you sir take an up close and trying to sit on one of those that. There's certain and but now visited the annual bike right featured people wearing. Nothing. Others in just underwear at some wearing body plain paint some just covered themselves in glitter. And I'm not sure what the point is I guess it's just to promote nudity. Twelve miles long they broke twelve real sneaky. It's. Yeah it rightly in my own party unity. Well miles. Then it's definitely too much treatment even entertain and give a party at that point. V. A. Thank you Alexander. Alexander grant from an indirect from the standpoint or cats and they've gone sports is an ethics with Steve Geller a little virtual fourteen point second half deficit and 444. Yard four touchdown performance by Drew Brees. They shocked the superdome. Raiders shredded the Florida lead in the fourth quarter for twenty points including eight game winning two point conversion with 47 seconds left to play. I. Thought I want to. Michael Crabtree goes open stance is that horrible. Reception. The same admits to get into range for a 61 yard field goal attempt to try and win the game as time expired but just missed wide left as the black and gold fell 3534. While the scene suffered heartbreak Ruble lost receiver branding coach knows that it's just one game it doesn't mean that is very young season's over is sixteen weeks. You know I didn't go our way now we have in erasing the eventful week to. And win a race for author wanted us to get better and ask sun about the black and gold hopes to get better. For the New York Giants this Sunday in New York to G men are one and go after coming back to beat the cowboys in Dallas. On Sunday Night Football the New England Patriots were able to survive without quarterback Tom Brady as they open their 20s16 season with a victory against one of the NFL's top teams. Jimmy Rob Lowe filled in nicely throwing for 264 yards and a touchdown. As the pats beat the cardinals 2321. At Arizona. LSU's now ranked twentieth in the AP poll after getting their first of the season over Jacksonville State. It was clear that went back go quarterback Danny Lee came on the field for the first time in the second quarter the energy level picked up in Tiger Stadium. Darius guys who filled in for the injured when her forehead notice that the team played better with the Purdue transfer. Understand I don't really know what's changed bled. I'll ask says I'm the I'm glad it did and I'm glad we were able wherever we were able to do stuff going whenever rooted you know does religion come out. Sloppiness and slouch in them again and so loses loses a good things in as you know pick it up basic units is in this together. Coach Les Miles has not announced it at least we'll get the start this week over Brandon Harris when the tigers begin SEC play against one in one Mississippi State. Today up for a second guess the Bobby gave her Mike did so yea live from the super super casino. Then at 630 it's the saints coaches show which Sean Payton followed by a double header of Monday Night Football. We'll joined Steelers at Redskins game in progress followed by the rams and the 49ers. With your early morning look at sports I'm Steve Geller. Six in front of 6554 they've gone Steve Geller with you on your Radio One president takes me at 87870. Says let the Leonard format sweepstakes speaking hand come. And Amy OB of from premature for that but. Where was Leonard four and that's Saturday and what do we know about. His prognosis for rejoining the tigers of LS UN make a difference on the field. I think the tigers deftly made these Smart decision by holding him out against the game against Jacksonville stage you know before the season here had a spy an ankle injury. That was considered too serious playing in the game against Wisconsin and then. Re aggravating it then in the fourth quarter on and let's miles is being cautious with their top running back. Against Jacksonville State getting him ready now for the start of SEC play this week hopefully will see him app practiced mom will hear more from less miles today no lunch with less and I'll see if you care to comment on the status of what afford it right now last week he was saying he was protecting his player and didn't wanna Sany do you think this quarterback change for LSU is permanent arteries do you think we're still gonna to have this kind of back and forth debate and discussion throughout the season for who's going to be understand you know I really. Am not sure right now with miles because he is typically loyal to a full to his quarterbacks we saw this with Jordan Jefferson. When he was here and now I feel. That we're going to be seeing this again I'm not sure shortly at Lee is the guy to start against Mississippi State especially you know after just one game against the Jacksonville State at CS ballclub now getting into SEC play but it's hard to argue with the way this offense just moved in the way it felt that I went to new quarterback do you think that airline may be on the bench to start. Again against Mississippi says I just had this on my feeling is that I think less miles will start Brendan Harris but I would. Go with Danny at Lincoln I just think the offense responded better to him. Or respond to more sports news and about fifteen minutes here on WWL AM Amanda count them via text messages are coming up after the I'm the same people text me the Stanford financial broke went out Moses gave up ten points with pro 25 after it was out. Does that it wasn't the defensive line that was a promise as a secondary noticed as relax. Noses finish strong. Not. On the topic of sex robots which there apparently debating in Britain one presence says. LOL OVs in the people walking around these days you don't may be safer or robot and in many of phantom. Reza though is the robot won't tell you know were saying not tonight and a headache top cop on. It is the whole idea snacks Aruba. Have a great Monday for.